Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mold Illness and severe allergies

Being exposed to mold can mean a lot of different problems for individuals.  For instance some people have severe allergies as a result of their exposure.  I know some people are hyper sensitive and can react to minute amounts of allergens.  Mold is an allergen and produces toxins in my body that I can not eliminate.   One time I told a co-worker that his plant smelled horrendously strong of mold.  I was already having a lump in my throat and getting a migraine from it, so I figured, what the heck I will go look at it and find the dang mold in it.  Do you know how small the little dot of mold was that I found?  Well, let's just say, that's what it was, a small dot. 

Something that would be nothing to some people are a big big deal to others.  I felt like I was gonna die when I entered the room with the house plant that had a speck of mold in it.  I mean literally die right then and there.  My co-worker showed me the rash he had on his leg, and I told him, his rash was comming from the mold in his plant.  OMG!!! I thought HE was gonna die!  He love, love, loved this plant, after all it was probably 10 years old and had never ever been outdoors except to move it from office to office.  So I told him to put it in the sun for a bit, stop overwatering it, and to remove the speck of mold in the pot.  I am not sure whatever happened to his poor plant.  I thought it was like a member of his family he was so attached to it.  But to me, it was the enemy.  I thought I was gonna just die from a little speck of mold. It was making me crazy.  I had to leave the office, as soon as I could get out to get some fresh air I did just that.

What made me so sensitive to mold?  Who knows, maybe it was all the bug spray and chemicals around me at work, maybe it was the hydrogen sulfide in the circuit boards that were being created in the labs at my work.  Maybe it was because they couldn't clean an air filter for 3 years.  Maybe I was genetically prone to it.  Maybe my body had chemical overload from the mercury fillings in my mouth that the dentist poisioned me with years ago.  Maybe my immune system was down after having a baby.  Maybe, I was just allergic all my life until I had such a buildup I just couldn't take it anymore.   

Mold isn't good for anyone,  try to avoid it if you can, as much as you can.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment